Thursday 21 November 2013

Sankarettan the best friend

Facebook gives me some good friends as well.    So I can forgive the nuisance follower whom all of the readers are suffering.

My best friend got out of f.b. left us two days ago.    But the two years old friendship not wills to die.   The memory about him also wills to live forever.

I wonder when some people compare him with me(!) for having some similarity (?) in the face cut or style.    When an unknow fb friend, in a private function called me by his name naturally by mistake, I felt honoured to the best level. It is the best degree because he was a living encyclopedia, the legend of the times while I am just a nobody!  But I feel somebody as a worshipper of him.   His knowledge, practical wisdom, leadership qualities, technical skill, spiritual aspiration and the entire personality attracted me so much.  

He had successfully tackled in so many fields as diverse as IT, Advertising Professional, Software Solutions, Career Guidance, Business Consultancy, Human Resource, Talent and Personality,  Investigative Pilgrimage,  Network Communication, Spiritual insight, various management courses, friendship etc. The authoritative degree of his statement 

As a writer I am confined to use mother tongue alone.   But recently there comes requests to publish an English version of the blog posts.   This is only a humble attempt.   As we translate data and emotions, we can't translate the culture of the land.   Moreover Malayalam has to develop.  That was my view. But now I am forced to adopt English as a secondary language. Expect comments.

If my little knowledge is true, Sankarettan worked hard, not for money and fame.   He was free from material attachment.  This spiritual aspiration lead him up and up in every move. At the same time, some circumstances cheated him.   The political climate of Kerala is not favourable for any industry. Neglecting this  his bold attempt to lay down the basis of IT in Kerala worth honoured.   But what happened?  Some of faithful guys cheated him and   tortured physically as well as economically.  And the case took a course in the opposite direction against him, several cases, including murder and rape cases were charged. He has to sell his birth land and escape to out of the State. While the state govt. is deeply indebted to him for the computerisation of voters list and identity card as an emergency operation in less time than required. Am i right? 

I have seen him only twice, heard stories only once. So find it hard to believe. Trade unionism or politics whatever be our curse it is a high time necessity to overcome. This is possible through the association of similar mindsets regardless of caste, religion, and other division tools like educational degrees, and official ranks. Am I right?

It needs to be filmed as a historical documentary.   I am interested to collect all the available data from reliable sources.   Please help me.  I am a story writer unknown outside and well  known in a small private circle of mine.

Thank you all
vasudevan namboodiri 

1 comment:

  1. I met Sankaran Namboothiri sir through fb. His writings and posts emitted so much of heart and soul and also vast knowledge. I did not know till date thAt sir had to face so many obstacles. He was a dynamic personality...though i have not met him. His departure was really shocking and somewhere there was a pain.....a very humble, simple and good person had left this world. I really hope his family gets the strength to look forward......though .....sometimes i feel....was this early departure ever required. Sir, was collecting his writings mainly on temples. Not only on temples, but on various matters. If his writings were published....it would be a gift to the world.

    ReplyDelete